Vision Statement of the P’egp’íg’lha Clan
We are the P’egp’íg’lha of the St’át’imc Nation. The Creator placed us here and that connection to our land can never be broken. The traditional ways, values and laws of our ancestors are held in the St’át’imc language and are written on the land. Our Elders have passed them down in the stories to the children and grandchildren since the beginning. We are committed to working together to build our community in a good way that is based on the teachings of our ancestors.
- Show respect for the Creator and all of creation including ourselves
- Live in harmony with all things
- Learn and speak our St’át’imc language
- Maintain, practice and teach our traditional ways to our children
- Govern according to our traditional values and principles
- Strive for and maintain self sufficiency and independence for our community
- These ideals will guide us on our journey
- Sxeks Ta Nt’akmensa I P’egp’íg’lha Constitution – Traditional Laws of the P’egp’íg’lha (July 14, 2007)
Posted Mission Statement
Our Lillooet Community Co-Workers Strive For Excellence To Provide Community Services In Friendly, Efficient, And Quality Way To The Best Of Our Abilities For Our Membership In The 5 Lillooet Communities And Everywhere Else.
We Will Do This To Achieve A Strong, Healthy, Well Knowledgeable, Holistic, And Proud Community.
We Will Be Friendly & Courteous, Trustworthy, Respectful, Cooperative, Honest